Are You A Musician Or Music Lover Who Cares About Mental Health?
Join the community - GET UPDATES | Share your story.
Did You Take Our Mental Healh quiz at A recent event? Answers Below…
1. What proportion of people in the U.S. experience a mental health condition in a given year?
A) 1 in 5
B) 1 in 10
C) 1 in 20
2. Poor mental health increases the risk for long-lasting (chronic) physical conditions like:
A) Heart disease
D) All of the above
3. The World Health Organization predicts that heart disease will be the most common cause of disability worldwide by 2020. What will be the second?
4. What is the average delay between the onset of mental health symptoms and an intervention?
A) 4-6 months
B) 1-2 years
C) 5-7 years
D) 8-10 years
5. Suicide is the ___ leading cause of death among people ages 15-34 in the U.S.
6. True or false: The majority of young people are interested in taking a class or training program to prepare to help a friend facing a mental health crisis.
True. 74% of young people aged 15 to 24 are interested in taking a class or training program to prepare to help a friend facing a mental health crisis.
7. If you know someone experiencing a mental health challenge, you can help best by:
A) Reaching out and letting them know help is available
B) Helping them access mental health services
C) Learning and sharing facts about mental illness, especially if you hear something that isn’t true
D) All of the above
8. True or false: The majority of people with mental illness are prone to violence.
False. People with mental illnesses are actually much more likely to be victims of violent crime than the general population.
9. What proportion of people experiencing mental illness feel others would be understanding to their condition?
10. What are the ways in which you can help end the stigma?
A) Educate yourself about mental conditions to learn the facts.
B) Don’t equate people with the mental health condition they may be experiencing, and use people-first language.
C) Listen to how someone with a mental condition feels, and practice empathy.
D) All of the above.